Justice Court

Information & Forms

Type of Claim / Fee
Appearance / Answer / Counter Claim$30
Civil Filing Fee$50
Civil Appeal$50
Judgment Fee$20
Small Claims Appearance Fee$20
Small Claims Filing Fee$30

Make a Payment on a Citation or Time Pay


Visit the CitePayUSA site to pay online. 

By Mail

Mail a cashier’s check or money order, with a copy of the citation to:

Big Horn County Justice Court
P.O. Box 908
Hardin, MT 59034


Visit the Big Horn County Courthouse at this address:

Big Horn County Courthouse
121 W 3rd Street
Room Number 210
Hardin, MT 59034

If you choose to pay at the office, please note we only accept cashier’s checks, money orders or cash. If you choose to pay with a Credit or Debit card you will need to pay online.

We do not accept personal checks via mail or at the office.


  1. Civil Cases & Small Claims
  2. Criminal & Traffic Cases
  3. Orders of Protection

Landlord - Tenant Cases

There are so many variables in Landlord Tennant Cases - please seek legal assistance for your questions. Contact Montana Legal Services, you can call the helpline at 800-666-6899.

While the Justice Court clerks are pleased to assist you in any way possible, please understand that we are unable to provide legal advice. If you need legal advice or have questions, please contact an attorney.