Clerk & Recorder

Rural Address

Big Horn County Rural Addressing is an ongoing project that is jointly coordinated by the Disaster and Emergency Services Enhanced 911 program and the Clerk and Recorder's Office. The Big Horn County Commissioners oversee the program.

Big Horn County Rural Addresses describe the physical location of the structure or residence and cannot be used for mailing addresses. Physical addresses are used to offer proof of residency to obtain a Post Office Box, for voter registration, for obtaining utility connections, to receive freight deliveries, and in purchasing a firearm. Residents may call to schedule an appointment for data collection.

Rural Addresses issued by the County are kept on file in the Clerk and Recorder's Office. To determine if you have a physical address in the database, call the Big Horn County Clerk and Recorder's Office at 406-665-9730.

View the Request for Rural Address Form (PDF).

Train carrying a multitude of coal going through a hill field

Forms & Resources