Coronavirus Virus Disease (COVID-19)

Residents of Big Horn County

How to Schedule a COVID-19 Vaccine for Big Horn County Residents:

All Big Horn County residents age 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Please sign up using one of the methods below. Residents 12 and older are eligible to receive a booster.

In addition, mass vaccination clinics will be scheduled in the coming weeks. Check back on this site for more details.

  • Indian Health Service (IHS) - Crow/Northern Cheyenne Hospital: Call 406-638-3599 to schedule an appointment. IHS will vaccinate all Big Horn County residents, regardless of IHS eligibility, age 16 and older.
  • Big Horn County Health Department: Call 406-665-8777 and leave a message with your name (please spell your name), age, date of birth, and phone number. Big Horn County Health Department will vaccinate all Big Horn County residents age 18 and older.
  • SCL Health/Hardin Clinic: Call 406-665-2800 and press 0 to speak with the receptionist to leave a message with your name, age, date of birth, phone number. You will be placed on the list and contacted by the Hardin Clinic when the vaccine is available. Please note that all Hardin Clinic vaccinations will be done at One Health.
  • One Health (formerly Bighorn Valley Health): Call 406-665-4103 for an appointment/to be put on a waiting list OR use the patient portal to schedule an appointment at
  1. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your primary care provider. Do not go to the doctor without calling first. If you do not have a primary care provider, just call one of the local clinics close to you:
    Indian Health Service (IHS) has set up a 24-hour hotline to answer COVID-19 calls: 638-3527 to speak to a nurse
    Bighorn Valley Health Center: 665-4103, press 3 to speak to nursing staff
    Hardin Clinic (SCL-St. Vincent's): 665-2800, press 0 for the receptionist to speak with a medical professional
    Big Horn Hospital: 665-2310, talk to the front desk
  2. If you are severely ill and you think you need hospitalization, call 911 or go to an emergency room. Call the hospital to tell them you are coming to the ER and that you have respiratory symptoms. This way they will be ready for you.
    Recent Travelers: If you recently traveled to a state or county experiencing COVID-19 and you feel sick, stay home and call your doctor or clinic immediately. Do not go to the clinic without calling first. Symptoms (fever, cough, and shortness of breath) may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure.
    Other Questions: If you have questions about the response to the coronavirus in our community, you can call: Big Horn County Public Health at 406-665-8720 or
    Big Horn County DES at 406-665-1731

For the most up-to-date information from the federal and state governments, visit the following websites:

Press inquiries can be directed to the Public Information Officer by calling 406-679-0572 or by Facebook.

  1. Orders & Proclamations
  2. 03/20/2020 - Order to Close
  3. Press Releases
  4. FAQs
  5. Quick Links